Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What Am I Thankful For?

As it draws closer to Thanksgiving, in the middle of all the food prep and festivities it's important to stop and think about what I am thankful for this year - 2009.

So here I go . . .

1. I am thankful for the breath of life God gives me every single morning!
2. I am thankful for being able to worship Him without fear of persecution or imprisonment
3. I am thankful for the gifts God has given me and allowed me to serve Him
4. I am very thankful for my husband, a kind and godly man who seeks to lead his family (just me for now) and provides for us with the great talents and gifts God had given him.
5. I am thankful for my siblings, both related by blood and by marriage; for Andrew, Alex & Sarah, Anna, Aaron, Amelia, Mahmoud & Emily
6. I am thankful for my parents, for they have given me so many blessings over the years and continue to show me the example of Christ in their own marriage
7. I am thankful for my sisters-in-Christ (both near & far) for without God's gift of them in my life, I shudder to think where I'd be - Thank you ladies!
8. I am thankful for God's provision of a home, food to eat, clothes to wear, etc..
9. I am thankful for my 2 nieces & nephew - they help me learn more about what it means to be a parent to smaller children and what being responsible for young hearts, minds and souls looks like.
10. I am thankful for Tim's job during this time when jobs can be scarce
11. I am thankful for Jesus Christ and His work on the cross & what that means in my life each and every day
12. I am thankful for my Sunday School class, they teach me so much
13. I am thankful for the members of the Worship Team @ church
14. I am thankful for my in-laws, Tat & Patty :)
15. I am thankful for all of my extended family (both sides), near & far
16. I am thankful for my dogs, Lucas & Lady

I was able to come up with 16 items, which pales in comparison to the many years of God's blessings in my life.

“And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which you also were called in one body, and be thankful.” —Colossians 3:15

No comments:

Post a Comment