Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Meltdown Monday

Today was NOT a good day.

First, some sad news came when Tim called and told me that his Aunt Sharon had died from complications due to cirrhosis of the liver.

My heart is sad for Grandma and Grandpa Murray and the remaining siblings (Tim's Mom, Patty, and her two brothers, Scott & Charles), plus Aunt Sharon's family, which include her husband Mark, sons Andy & Arnie, & daughter Alyson

Then I watched a video of this family's day they went to get their baby from Ethiopia on this blog: http://teamalexander.blogspot.com/ and then another video about their little boy, Abe, who has to work so hard at normal stuff because he had a series of strokes in utero that left him unable to speak, feed himself, etc....

THEN, I was inflexible about going to dinner with Tim's grandparents, cousins, etc...

Which made this a "Meltdown Monday"

Lots of tears today.

Didn't really have any tissues nearby so I used whatever I could (one of my t-shirts, a towel, one of Ashton's burp cloths) and needless to say, my nose is NOT happy due to not using Puffs Plus with Lotion (my nose is particular about such things)

I firmly believe that God is working in my heart and spirit and my sinful self, i.e. my "flesh" wants none of it . . .

so would you pray for me?

I would appreciate it greatly.

One thing that has helped is that I have been reading Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and every day I read, God uses those words to speak to me right where I am struggling that day.

Here is today's reading:

"I am above all things: your problems, your pain, and the swirling events in this ever-changing world. When you behold My Face, you rise above circumstances and rest with Me in heavenly realms. This is the way of Peace, living in the Light of My Presence. I guarantee that you will always have problems in this life, but they must not become your focus. When you feel yourself sinking in the sea of circumstances, say "Help me, Jesus!" and I will draw you back to Me. If you have to that thousands of times daily, don't be discouraged. I know your weakness, and I meet you in that very place" (Scripture: Ephesians 2:6; Matthew 14:28-32)


1 comment:

  1. dear friend.

    you are very loved and i will keep you in my prayers. :) dont forget to remember the cross...the greatest act of love ever done for you. God calls you his precious daughter a the bride of Christ. loves!

    ReplyDelete