Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Getting Bigger!!


I had my first OB appointment yesterday and it went great!! My doctor is very nice and very supportive of me in whatever decisions I make regarding natural birth versus epidural; midwife versus OB - which was very encouraging to me - since this is all very new and different and overwhelming all at the same time.

The doctor did do an ultrasound just to take a peek and see how baby is doing :) Baby was very active and was even waving an arm around, almost as if he/she were waving at us. It was very surreal while I watched that miracle moving around in MY body. I will enter my second trimester on March 12 and so our prayer is that baby & I get there safely.

Here are the photos - Enjoy!!





I did have some spotting over this past weekend (February 27-28), but it wasn't a whole lot and it stopped relatively quickly. I did call the doctor and the nurse mentioned that, from my sonogram, that I have placenta previa (which my brother-in-law jokes sound like a fancy dinner dish :P). I told the doctor yesterday and she mentioned that all women have it in their first trimester and hopefully as I enter my second trimester, the baby will move . . . . Tim & I are both praying that will happen.

It is so awesome to think that God is knitting together a life in my womb and to see the evidence of that is just mind-boggling!

"Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise!
give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the Lord is good
and His steadfast love endures forever
and his faithfulness through all generations"
Psalm 100 (ESV)




No comments:

Post a Comment