Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Was VERY Convicted by this . . .

I was catching up on some blogs I follow while Ashton is asleep (I know! I should be napping as well, but sometimes there are other things that need to be taken care of . . . )

I was reading this blog: http://www.number17cherrytreelane.com/ and the author, Rachel, did a post on this topic "who's it really for?"(see the February 8th post - just scroll down a bit)

I thought to myself, "well, this should be interesting, I will keep reading". And keep reading I did. And I came upon some really hard questions, like why do I get dressed and put makeup on, why am I a stay-at-home mom, why am I striving to have a "perfect" child (which is really a joke, if you think about it, due to, well, sin), and many more.

THEN, she hit me with this thought: "Nothing matters apart from the Lord."

What a concept, eh?

In all I do, every single day, whether it's doing laundry, tending to Ashton's needs, loving and serving my husband, etc...

ALL OF IT should be done for God's glory. That's it. Just Him and Him alone. Nothing else should matter (although "worldly thoughts" creep in from time to time and mess with my head).

I must confess that I don't think about this concept very often, in fact, maybe only once or twice every month or so. If that.

Wow. I call myself a Follower of Christ and yet often, He is that last thing I think of after myself, my husband and my child.

Not a great testimony, huh. If I were an unbeliever coming into my home, would I be able to say that Christ infuses everything I do? That it is an integral part of who I am, the way I conduct myself?

Probably not.

Sad.

Very sad.

BUT, there is hope in Christ and after reading the post (thanks, Rachel @ www.number17cherrytreelane.com for writing such an excellent post and really getting to the heart of the matter - God really used it to speak to my heart), I am resolute in going about purposefully doing what I do on a daily basis for the glory of God. Hard to do and yet it really shouldn't be, now should it?

I will end this post with a verse that was used at the end of Rachel's post over at her blog: www.number17cherrytreelane.com (please! go check it out! )

Not because I want to be a copy-cat, but because it was very convicting to my heart and it needs to be a reminder to all of us.

"Only let your manner of life be worthy, of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God." ~James 1:27-28







No comments:

Post a Comment