Thursday, April 22, 2010

Praise & Thanksgiving!

I had my second panel of blood work done on April 14th - the medical community calls it a sequential screening - I just simply refer to it as blood work . . . :) It tested for Down's Syndrome, Trisomy 13 or was it 18, I can't remember & another one, but I can't remember that one either.

Anyways, I got a phone call that very Friday, April 16th to tell me that I was low-risk for all of the tests they ran and everything is normal!! Hallelujah! Praise Jehovah!

Baby continues to grow healthy and strong. We find out May 12th if baby is a boy or a girl. I'm pretty excited about that appointment because they will make a DVD for us and then we leave for WV on the 14th so I will be able to show my family what their first grandbaby/niece or nephew looks like!! Very exciting!

I recently went to the chiropractor due to lower back/hip pain. . . apparently my right side is stronger than my left so he has me wearing a trochanter belt to help - it is such a lovely device - ha! however, if it helps my left side get stronger, than I suppose I will just have to put aside my vanity and wear it.

I love hymns - they are comforting, encouraging and thought-provoking all at the same time. I am just overwhelmed with gratitude to my Lord for giving Tim and I this wonderful blessing in the life of our child. "Hallelujah Praise Jehovah" is one that seems to express completely how I'm feeling.

Hallelujah, praise Jehovah,

From the heavens praise His name;
Praise Jehovah in the highest,
All His angels praise proclaim.
All His hosts together praise Him,
Sun, and moon, and stars on high;
Praise Him, O ye heav’n of heavens,
And ye floods above the sky.

      • Refrain:
        Let them praises give Jehovah,
        For His name alone is high,
        And His glory is exalted,
        And His glory is exalted,
        And His glory is exalted,
        Far above the earth and sky.
    1. Let them praises give Jehovah,
      They were made at His command,
      Them forever He established;
      His decree shall ever stand.
      From the earth, oh, praise Jehovah,
      All ye floods, ye dragons all;
      Fire, and hail, and snow, and vapors,
      Stormy winds that hear His call.
    2. All ye fruitful trees and cedars,
      All ye hills and mountains high,
      Creeping things, and beasts, and cattle,
      Birds that in the heavens fly.
      Kings of earth, and all ye people,
      Princes great, earth’s judges all,
      Praise His name, young men and maidens,
      Aged men and children small.
    3. Psalm 148
      arr., pub.1831
      arr. by William J. Kirkpatrick, 1899

    No comments:

    Post a Comment