Tuesday, July 6, 2010

28 weeks And Going Strong!

I had my 28 week appointment today with my midwife and everything is right on track!

I did have to have my glucose test today, but it was definitely not as bad as I thought it was going to be - whew! If my midwife doesn't call me tomorrow, then we'll discuss the results at my next appointment in 2 weeks.

Wow! Am I really down to every-2-week-appointments? Indeed I am! How exciting!

Now if I could only get myself motivated enough to finish cleaning out the Guest Room/Baby's Room so we can put the furniture up, curtains up, and finish decorating. Tim's mom wants to make a quilt out of Tim's old t-shirts that she kept, but was worried it wouldn't match . . . no worries here! I would much rather have it not match and the baby have something of his daddy's :)

We get to choose what childbirth classes to take and start preparing for the end! I cannot believe I only have 80 days left! I'm sure it will fly by and then slow down once I'm at the end . . . it usually works that way :P

Baby's heartbeat was nice and strong (and so were his legs trying to get away from the microphone-thing they use - I forget the name, but it does have one.)

Sometimes I wonder what he'll look like -
will he have curly hair or straight hair or even wavy hair?
will it be red or blond, a combination of both or will he have dark hair?
will his eyes be a version of blue or brown (we both carry a blue-eyed gene)?
will he be a big boy, tipping the scales at 8 or 9 lbs. or will he be a regular kiddo, weighing in at 7 pounds?
will he be long and skinny?
will he have Tim's nose or my nose? (actually it will be his own nose, but you get the idea ;)
will he be loud and noisy like his mama or quiet and reserved like his daddy?
In the midst of all my wondering, I do know one thing for certain - God knows what this precious little boy will look like and be like.

And that is the most important feeling of all - that my sweet, "muchly prayed for", little boy already belongs to His Heavenly Father, who knit each and every one of his bones together, formed each one of his 10 fingers and 10 toes, gave him a good & strong mind, and most of all, gave him to us. What a gift!! What a responsibility!

Thank you Lord for our precious boy! May we, as the entrusted parents, instill in his heart a love for His Awesome Creator and a desire to serve His Heavenly Father.



No comments:

Post a Comment